Les Petits Danseurs"A Dance School for Children" is our program designed specifically for young dancers (ages 3-6) Our Mission: It is the school’s mission to inspire, nurture and provide an enriching experience to each and every child through a carefully constructed and imaginative age appropriate curriculum that provides a creatively charged learning environment."
- Dance Alone (ages 3-5): Dancer’s first introduction to ballet! This creative movement based class creates a welcoming atmosphere to embrace ballet fundamentals for the first time. Students are led in fun and engaging exercises that develop strength, coordination and musicality. Dancers are familiarized with the poise, vocabulary, positions and etiquette of ballet while growing their joy of dance.
- 45 min/class- Thursday 1:00 - 1:45pm & Saturday 9:30- 10:15am
- Rhythm & Movement: A chance to experience the movement fundamentals of dance and music, merged in a fun and creative environment. Classes will cover introductory dance skills while reinforcing musicality and artistic expression.
- 1 day/week - Wednesday - 1:00-1:45 & Friday 12:30pm
- Primary A (First time dancers ages 5-6): Dancers will master the basics of ballet movement fundamentals in a developmentally appropriate class: warm up, strengthening, stretching, center work, allegro and improvisation. This class builds the scaffolding for future years of dancing, laying the foundations of ballet movement fundamentals, vocabulary, basic positions of the body, spatial awareness, group work, coordination, musicality and class etiquette all while fostering their joy of expression through dance.
- 1 hr class, 1 day/week - Thursday 4-5pm & Saturday 10:30 - 11:30
- Primary B (ages 6-7): This class builds upon the previous year in movement fundamentals, ballet vocabulary, coordination and musicality. Class includes warm up, conditioning, center work, turning fundamentals, allegro and improvisation. Dancers in this level are expected to have a higher level of maturity both in classroom dynamics and in movement expression. This level shows higher levels of refinement in strength and technique and as always, the atmosphere fosters excellence and joy of dance.
- 1 hr class, 1-2 days/week- Monday 5:15 - 6:15pm & Saturday 10:30-11:30
Recent Dance News
No Result Found!
Sorry, we can't find the category you're looking for at this URL. Please try selecting a menu item from above or to the side of this message to get where you'd like to go.